If you are new in programming field and starting your career by learning the most commonly used and most preferred programming language i.e., C or C++.Here I contribute this post to all my those programmers (newbie’s) who are not familiar with basic terms of programming beginning & also wants to know about the IDE and compilers.Firstly I going to explain some basic terms of Programming...
Instruction: - The instruction is the key element in the computer; it tells the processor which action should be performed. Instruction is a segment of code that contains steps that need to be executed by the computer processor.
Program: - A Computer Program is a set of Instruction written in Sequential manner, which tells the processor to perform or execute a specific operation
Brief description about IDE and Compiler
IDE: - An integrated development environment (IDE) or interactive development environment is a software application that provides comprehensive facilities to computer programmers for software development. An IDE normally consists of a source code editor, build automation tools and a debugger. Several modern IDE's integrate with Intelli-sense coding features.
Compiler: - A compiler is a computer program (or set of programs) that transforms source code to object code. Source code means the programming language in which the program is written an Object code usually refers to Machine Language (binary language) or other target language. The most common reason for wanting to transform source code is to create an executable program. A compiler is likely to perform many other operations like: lexical analysis, preprocessing, parsing, semantic analysis Syntax-directed translation), code generation, and code optimization.
Here the list of some best FREE integrated development environment software’s:-
- Turbo C/C++ - Turbo C/C++ is the oldest IDE for C and C++ programming and it’s the best IDE for the beginner’s. It is the successor of Borland C++, originally developed by Borland. But In 2008 it was taken over by EmbarcaderoTechnologies. Recently they came up with an all new C++ Builder, which is a Rapid Application Development (RAD) environment for writing programs in C++ programming language.
- Orwell Dev-C++ -I think you all are familiar with Bloodshed Dev-C++,it is a fully featured IDE for C/C++ programming languages. It uses Mingw port of GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) as it's compiler. Dev-C++ can also be used in combination with Cygwin or any other GCC based compiler. Here the company didn’t release a new stable update for this software from a very long time period, so that people start facing bugs and errors in it.
Now an updated version of Dev C++ named Orwell Dev-C++ is available on internet for free.
- NetBeans IDE -“I’m not kidding friends, I know you’re thinking that I’m kidding..!” as we all know NetBeans is a well known Java IDE, but many of us might not be aware about its use as C/C++ IDE. You can work with and create C/C++ applications with dynamic and static libraries, and you can also create C/C++ projects from existing codes.
Other Advanced Best IDEs And Compilers
- Eclipse CDT- the CDT Project provides a fully functional C and C++ Integrated Development Environment based on the Eclipse platform. Features include: support for project creation and managed build for various tool chains, standard make build, source navigation, various source knowledge tools, such as type hierarchy, call graph etc. This is the best IDE for C and C++, you can ever find.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express-This is probably the best C++ IDE available by World’s no.1 software developer company Microsoft, after installation, you can try this product for up to 30 days. You must register to obtain a free product key for ongoing use after 30 days…Now; Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 is also available for Windows 8 platform.
MicrosoftVisual Studio Express
- Code::Blocks- is is a free C++ IDE built to meet the most demanding needs of its users. It is designed to be very extensible and fully configurable. Finally, an IDE with all the features you need, having a consistent look, feel and operation across platforms. Built around a plug-in framework, Code::Blocks can be extended with plug-ins. Any kind of functionality can be added by installing/coding a plug-in. For instance, compiling and debugging functionality is already provided by plug-ins!
- Ultimate++ : U++ is a cross platform RAD ide focused on c++ programmers productivity. It includes a set of libraries including GUI and SQl. U++ works with GCC,Visual C++ and MingGW.
- Digital Mars: Digital mars is another free c/c++ compiler with command line and GUI versions. The feature that keep Digital Mars from other C/C++ compilers is that Digital mars have a fast compile and link time.
Some other good C/C++ IDE CodeLite, Xcode (iMac),C-Free..etc..!
Hope you Like this article…! :)